Sunday, November 2, 2008

My perfect world

OK. I almost did it again. I almost deleted my one post. Silly. I know.

So here I am. It's been a long time. I remember I started to blog back when I was a home school mom. I went back and forth and back and forth about sending the kids to school. We finally made the decision to go ahead and send them. Now my husband is on the school board and I spend my life driving them back and forth and attending meetings all the time. I also went back to college because we quickly realized that sending four kids to private school is crazy expensive and I need to get a job soon. . . like tomorrow.


I'll tell you. It isn't what I thought it would be. But then again, it wasn't what I thought it would be when I was homeschooling either.

Do you ever feel like this life is just not the life you are supposed to be living? Here is my life in my perfect world.

First of all, I wouldn't be living in NW Indiana. I would be living in the country somewhere in a yurt. As in a Mongolian living structure. But I would have plumbing and electricity. We would drink milk from our neighbor's cow that had not yet been pasteurize and I would have a huge community garden with lots of great friends, and every fall we would have a harvest party and drink hot cider and talk about how wonderful Jesus is. My husband would be a woodworker, not a project manager for a steal fabrication company. He would make beautiful things and be very happy. He would write a book.



I would sew funky aprons and wear red lipstick every day. I would home school again, and my children would form a bluegrass band just for me. If we got tired of bluegrass we would form a drum circle and all our neighbors could come to see what the noise was and we would share the gospel with all of them. They would repent and believe and pick up a drum and have a grand ol' time. They would invite us to ride on their horse drawn sleigh after the first snow and roast chestnuts on an open fire. We would be great friends.

In my perfect world my daughter and I would get along all the time and never argue. All my children would get along also. We would laugh all the time. We would chop wood for our wood burning stove in our yurt. We would make our own bread and can something delicious. During the summer I would teach them to walk a high wire and swing on a trapeze. . . just for fun.

My husband and I would be in love all the time. We would go on long walks and pick flowers or fall leaves. We would talk about very important things. . . .

In my perfect world we would go to a church where everyone loved Jesus, and actually talked about him. Nobody at this church would be stuffy and rigid. They would just love the Lord and each other. They would laugh and smile. They would sing bluegrass praise and hymns and help each other out.

This is not my life. It isn't even close. Can you miss a life you never had?


2 comments:

Jen said...

My perfect life can be found inside the Pottery Barn Catalog. And we're BFFs? How did that happen?!

i am not said...

You partially described my perfect life. I could definitely go for yours, but MY perfect life would be located in Cabo San Lucas and we would live in a shack on the side of the mountain but close to ocean. We would walk to the ocean and surf for 2 hours every morning before going to our shop in the city where we would haggle with the tourists. I would spend my days making friendship bracelets and talking to the people on the street, making relationships with them in the short time that we had together, we would eat shrimp for every meal, we would have chips and guacamole and mexican salsa at least once a day, there would be no tv and really the only things in our house would be beds and 7 shirts and 7 shorts and our surfboards. We wouldn't spend our time and money maintaining stuff, but rather living life with those around us.

I really like this post. I'm glad to see you're back.